The VII IWU-FI Congress voted several international campaigns. We highlight below some of the most important votes in this respect.
– On the tenth anniversary of the revolution in North Africa and the Middle East, it was approved to organise an international online event of the IWU-FI on 16 January 2021.
– Concerning the defence of the public retirement and pension systems, considering that one part of the imperialist offensive against the world working class is the cutback and privatisation of the public retirement systems by the bourgeois governments, the congress resolved to call upon all revolutionaries to fight for 100% public and pay-as-you-go pensions, which are dignified, with a salary adequate to the cost of living and to fight for the nationalisation of the privatised funds under the control of the retired people and pensioners.
– On the tragedy of the Venezuelan migrants who die on the coasts of Trinidad-Tobago because of the terrible living conditions of the labouring people imposed by the Maduro government and the right-wing bosses and pro-imperialists who have endorsed the criminal sanctions of Trump against the Venezuelan people, it was voted to repudiate the austerity package of the Maduro government, to reject the sanctions imposed by US imperialism that aggravate the humanitarian and social crisis in Venezuela, and the reactionary migration policy of the Trinidad-Tobago government.
– Against racism. Considering that the struggle against racism is an integral part of the struggle against capitalism, for the unity of the working class worldwide and socialism, it was voted to continue to take part actively in the anti-racist struggles in the world, bringing a socialist perspective and postulating a political alternative of class independence. For this purpose, the IWU-FI will hold a public forum on the international anti-racist struggle.
– The VII World Congress of the IWU-FI also voted to continue expressing the solidarity with the struggle of the Saharawi people. For this purpose, it will take part in the mobilisations to support the struggle of the Saharawi people, denouncing both the Moroccan dictatorship and the role of imperialism and the UN. At the same time, it was agreed to repudiate Trump’s recognition of the Moroccan sovereignty over Western Sahara.
– On the struggle of the Haitian people, the congress approved to support the struggle of the Haitian people against the dictatorial regime of Jovenel Moïse. Out with Jovenel Moïse! Out with the Core Group and the imperialism in Haiti, let the Haitian people take control of their destiny! Internationalist solidarity with the struggle of the Haitian people!